Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Latest Glade binaries on Windows

I wanted to use the latest version of Glade on Windows, but the pre-built binaries available on the official site were quite old. After poking around, it appeared that MSYS2 had a package for this. I installed the MSYS2 package and was ready to rock.

Afterwards, I realized I wanted to distribute just the Glade binaries. While I recognize that there are a number of projects that do this for you (i.e. build a Windows installer from an MSYS2 package), I decided to experimented by hand.

  1. I got the list of files that were installed with the Glade package. I used this command:
    pacman -Qlq mingw-w64-x86_64-glade
  2. I copied those files to a new directory tree.
  3. I copied over the DLLs that glade.exe depended on.
  4. I copied over mingw64/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0
  5. I copied over mingw64/share/glib-2.0
  6. I copied over mingw64/share/icons
Let's hope that was everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment